Saturday, January 31, 2009

the nappy hair diaries!!!

YAY!

so i bought a macbook for $500 off Craigslist. i got it from an older pudgy white man and we did the exchange in the lobby of a hotel downtown - i can't tell you HOW many stank looks i got from men and women alike walking with him. i played along though just to get a feel (i'm an actress in that way) and DAMN. i don't think i could deal with the hate. i wonder if he was a younger attractive white guy if i'd still get those glares. and i wondered why I was the only one receiving them! Even from black men - no one side-eyed him! Ah well. That's all for another post. back to the computadora! i'm in love with it. Her name is Xiomara. I name all my favorite things. My car (soon to be with me in DC!!)'s name is Gisele (pronounced (Zshee-sell...bitches) - she's Brazilian. She's an Acura RSX '04 - thank god she's tiny cuz i can't parallel park to save my life. ;D THEN we have my lovely iphone 3G - Irulan. Yes, I first hear her name when I watched real world: las vegas with alton and trishelle and 'nem. And I fell in love with the name. Please know that I intend on naming my daughters these same names lmao. These items are just placeholders. Anddd I'm so serious.

Anyhoo - I've been wanting to start a vlog for awhile and now I am! I haven't talked about hair much on this site but those who know me know I'm a hair freak/product junkie - and there are LEGIONS of women on plenty of websites who feel the same (STOP JUDGING!!! lol) - I'm kind of a mini celebrity on some of these sites, mind you. AHEM. So here's the first installment of "The Nappy Hair Diaries" !! Subscribe, don't, whatevs. YAY!

I prob should angle the camera better next time...and i'm aware i have valley-girl-voice syndrome and tendencies lol. enjoyyy.

13 comments:

Peyso said...

i would have never known that you were this gorgeous...

love&nappyness said...

awww shucks! lol. thank you peyso :)

svrbrownsuga said...

Hey gurlie! I just saw the vid..very nice :D I'm happy that ur gonna have vlog Holla!

Beautifully.Conjured.Up said...

$500...daym!!! I need to go on that website and find me one...speaking of...

...I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. Trust me, if he was younger, it would have been the same thing. My BF is white, and here in Atlanta, the stares are constant and worse from black men (no disrespect, but it's the truth). BTW, LOL @ "computadora."

...anyways...

I love the video, and keep them coming *smile*.

Anonymous said...

woot woot...gotta love that naptural hair. can't wait! now i can actually use some products u suggest hehe

NowIamNappy said...

girl so glad you finally started to vlogs. Now I can truly admire your hair in 3-D LOLOL

achoiceofweapons said...

Congrats on the new computer! Sorry bout the Hate, they just mad cause they ain't you, and I named my buggy Xica. (Sheeka) Well be sure to stop by.
Jaycee

Anonymous said...

You're so fierce girl.

Love the vlog... I'm a natural too, so I really can dig it.

I use to read your first blog (I'm a lazy commenter--sorry) and I found you here a while ago. Do you girl, ♥ you long time.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Lol, Nice. I need a new computer my damn self

clnmike said...

1st the vlog is nice it shows just how sexy you are and those glasses........

2nd $500?! Im pissed!

Anonymous said...

Yay for natural hair! I need to start back updating my Fotki account. I don't even remember my pass or username.

Gem said...

I friended you a while back on Fotki (I'm LoveMyMane). Anyhoo, I just realized how country I am because I pronounced it (in my head) Fot-key (like cot). Jesus.

Love the idea of the vlog!

Brittany Suprenard said...

WTF WHY DO YOU LOOKSOUND LIKE (LIKELIKELIKE) 25/26 YEARS OLD?!?!?!! NOT OK. P.S. I WILL SLIVE YOU FOR NEGLECTING TO TELL ME YOU STARTED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
love,
me