Saturday, August 8, 2009

ready for fall

dig the new layout? i do...it's alllll autumn-ish. lol. i'm really ready for fall. i always feel like i can wipe my mental slate clean and re-prioritize things with the change of season.

this week was the Kappa Conclave in DC. i met a couple guys but no real sparks. i ended up at their hotel on Wednesday with a couple girlfriends and i felt like a FRESHMAN all over again. one of the decent ones led us up to a hotel room where the "open bar" supposedly was. once we got off the elevator the place smelled like ASS. literally. so the dude was like, "umm..let me check out what kind of party this is..." and peeks in and tells us to go back downstairs lol. we only hang out for a little while after that. the old school kappas started to holla and that was our cue to bounce lol. i met a guy at one of the parties, i'll nickname him nigerianboo (you have to sing it like MJ does in Liberian Girrrrrrrrrrl lol). He's cute but I didn't feel any sparks (slash i wasn't really trying to) so I've kind of been avoiding him. But today I feel like going out to eat and I texted him and he hasn't responded lol. Touche. If we do end up going out and I don't feel anything i'll def keep him as a friend and maybe set him up with one of my friends - this would be a COOL experiment as i've never done that before lol. we shall see.

i start classes again in two weeks. i'm pursuing a Master's in International Security Studies. i've really enjoyed it so far but taking two classes last term in addition to working full time was alooot. i'm taking three this time around - Monday, Weds, and Friday 6:30-10. YES. A fuckin friday class. That professor is relatively chill so he might let us out around 9 or so - I don't know if it will really matter either way because I will probably go home and PASS OUT anyway lol. anyway, i'm trying to beast so I can graduate in a year. Yes, I'm trying to finish a two-year (or 1.5) part time program in a year. nice like that. its a small and relatively new program, at first i had to climb off of my intellectual elitist horse because the program isn't as reputable as many others in the area. but i realized it isn't as reputable because it's so NEW. i'm basically in the first cohort of students to matriculate so when I go on to do big things I can lend some of my starpower :). i won't graduate with substantial debt (my job has tuition reimbursement), the professors love me, and i have an opportunity to get some work published - so the pros definitely outweigh the cons at this point in the game. i'm thinking of a PhD program, law, or business school after this - focusing on foreign affairs, policy, or business - i don't know yet! i'm just taking advantage of all the networking opportunities I can and working hard.

find me in the library....

3 comments:

Miss Lovely said...

digging the new layout as well

lol@one of the "decent" ones. I can't with the Kappas anymore..smh. SexyJamaican is a Kappa and he works in DC now so i'm certain he was there participating in the fuckery.

and go'head with your bad self! I am so sick of school I can't even think about it right now; although I am going back for my Masters in Nursing next year *le'sigh*

svrbrownsuga said...

I like the new layout girlie!!! and I'm so proud of you :D. I finished my master's program and I really want to get into a doctoral program however I cant right now :/ but its all good tho. nice post!

achoiceofweapons said...

I like the new digs! Glad you went to the Kappa Party but sorry there were no sparks! Be sure to come by!
Jaycee